Monday, August 23, 2010

Life is Beautiful

Especially when it gives me ideas for my manuscripts.

I love it when I'm out for a walk, or watching something on TV, or even (like this morning) trying to sleep and somebody says something that just clicks in my mind, and I suddenly have half a picture book written in my head, or maybe I just think, "That would be an awesome thing for the MC in my novel to say." I love it when life just hands you a gift like that.

I get some of my best ideas from just living life, and letting myself listen and look and be aware of the world around me and be open to the possibilities that might arise from it.

These are the last days of summer; many of us are returning to work, or to the daily routine of early rising, packed lunches, and school runs. Lets rejoice in these opportunities to leave our laptops for a while, and be ready to receive the little gifts of inspiration that might come our way.

My kids are a great source of inspiration for me. How about you? Where do you get your ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment