Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Random Pre-NaNo, Pre-PiBo Stuff

There's all kinds of great stuff going on right now here and in the rest of the blogoverse, so I'm postponing the usual Wisdom post until next week.

FIRST UP: There are TWO WAYS to enter the HALLOWEEN CONTEST EXTRAVAGANZA!!! You can either comment telling me your wacky costume ideas, OR email me a picture of yourself in your costume. So don't be shy! Enter here.

SECOND UP: OMG, guys, have I got a great author spotlight and book giveaway contest for you coming up tomorrow. I am so excited! It's going to be awesome, so come by and enter, okay? Okay. You can enter both tomorrow's contest and the HALLOWEEN CONTEST EXTRAVAGANZA! It will be easy-peasy, I promise you.


THIRD UP: I guess you noticed from the title of this post that I'm probably going to do NaNoWriMo. In fact, I have so much of my YA paranormal outlined that I have decided that I AM doing NaNo! WOO-HOO! And, of course, I am also doing PiBoIdMo. I'm pretty sure I can come up with 30 PB ideas in 30 days; my 3-year-old is a rich source of material. I mean, his big thing is running around the house with his underwear on his head. So, yes! to NaNo!  Yes! to PiBo!  YES! to my head exploding! (I'm just kidding about that last part...I think.) I am not yet set up on these things, so I will post over the weekend with links to my pages so you can buddy me.


FOURTH UP: Obviously, this means that I will have less time for blogging.  Like, a lot less.  Like, none.  I will maintain a thrice-weekly posting schedule, comprising of Mondays (random updates, writerly thoughts, linkages, etc.), Wednesdays (Wisdom), and Fridays (Favorites/random writerly stuff).  But I won't really be commenting as much on other blogs, at least not for the first half of November while I have family visiting from overseas (OMG, I must be MAD). And of course, we'll be right back up to five-posts-a-week from December 1st!


SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!



9 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I didn't know about PiBoldmo! I think I can maybe manage that! I miss writing pbs and this is just ideas right? I hope to finish my mg and do that next month!! Thanks for the heads up. And good luck to you in doing both! (wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your decision to do NaNo! Will be cheering you on from the sidelines. Have fun, too, with your company.
    Happy Wednesday,
    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, yeah! Let's do PiBo together! It will be fun!

    Karen, thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you're NaNoing! Sounds like your November is going to super busy. Good luck!

    Excited about your contests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be doing Nano, I've done it for years now. I'll also be doing PiBo so we can be crazy together, lol I've just started to jump into the world of picture books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I think you are looney (in the best possible way) -- or at least, you WILL be looney by the end of November ;) It's really exciting though and I wish you all the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krispy, come back tomorrow - it's going to be FABULOUS.

    Nicole, I'm glad you'll be my partner in craziness. Embrace the crazy, I say!

    Lynda, thank you for the compliment. (It was a compliment, right? Ha, just kidding, I know it was.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ishta - Yay for NaNo. Come buddy me. I'm historian40.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think those are all excellent reasons for not blogging too much! Good luck with everything!

    And I'm happygrrl on NaNo if we aren't hooked up yet!

    ReplyDelete