Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Shout-Outs!

It's been a while since I've done any shout-outs, and I'm thrilled to have some doubly-great news to share this week. Two of my picture book critters, Peggy Collins and Brian Cretney, have a new book coming out!

Peggy is the brilliant, kind, very funny author-illustrator of IN THE GARDEN and IN THE SNOW. More importantly, she was one of the very first people to encourage me on my writing journey, when I met her at an SCBWI event two years ago. I am thrilled and honoured to be in a critique group with her.

Brian is the author-illustrator of LAST IN LINE, and he's someone I am just getting to know, but I can say without a doubt that he is generous and kind and talented, and I am really looking forward to getting to know him better over the coming months.

And these two incredible people have collaborated on their newest creation, TOOTER'S STINKY WISH, out at the end of this month! Written by Brian and illustrated by Peggy, this fabulous picture book chronicles the adventures of one very un-stinky skunk who wants nothing more than to stink like any skunk should. Check out the super-cool (and hilarious) book trailer here. Check out the details for their launch party in St. Catharine's, ON here. And pre-order their book HERE!

And make sure to check out their websites and congratulate them!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, so I don't know much about PBs, but I know that TOOTER'S STINKY WISH is an awesome name for a book! I hope it's about farts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog. Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great theme for a post. I'll check out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their new book sounds adorable. I can't wait to find it in the wild!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! Matt, I agree that it's an awesome name! My boys are excited about it. Rebecca, welcome! I hope you find lots to talk about here! Medeia, enjoy the links! Peggy and Brian are pretty neat people. Brooke, I can't wait to read the book, either!

    ReplyDelete