Friday, April 27, 2012

X is for X-Men


Edited to add: My internet and phone were down all day and Blogger has been buggy with the pre-scheduled posts, so I haven't been able to post this until suppertime. Boo! Sorry. But let's get on with the fun, shall we?

It’s Friday, and I don’t know about you, but I’m in the mood for a little fun to round off the work week.

My favorite superhero is Superman, the subject of many a schoolgirl crush. I spent so many daydreaming hours wishing that Superman would come along and sweep me away... But I never thought about being like Superman. It was never an option – all his powers were a result of his being from somewhere else. (Oh, planet Krypton - where were you when I needed you?)

Being a secret X-Man was much more realistic. I have to admit that there’s still a teeny-tiny part of me that’s hoping that tomorrow, I really WILL be able to move things with my mind or hear other people’s thoughts. Maybe the ability is still there, latent, waiting for someone to invent the right supplement or non-invasive surgical technique that will enable me to see the future for real.

Like that will every REALLY happen – but a girl can dream, right? I mean, without daydreams like this, where would storytellers be?

If you could be an X-Man, what superpower would you want to have?

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to be invisible, or control water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was absolutely in love with the X-Men when I discovered them. And promptly fell in love with both Wolverine and Gambit (before the movies).

    I've always had a thing for Rogue but, if I was looking for a less dangerous power, I'd have to go with either energy blasts or telekinesis.

    Jessica
    A to Z Blogger & SF/Fantasy Writer @ Visions of Other Worlds

    ReplyDelete